We build beautiful, successful places, blending homes, parks and public realm with great facilities to create fantastic communities where people love to live, work and visit.
We work together with trusted partners to create outstanding places and tackle the shortage of good quality homes. And we make a lasting contribution to the landscape and to the communities we help create.
Berkeley's approach is always to put people first. We start with a vision for the community.
Then we plan for the things that really matter to local residents and partners: somewhere to play, knowing your neighbours, feeling safe, and being able to influence what goes on. In putting all these elements together we create somewhere that is desirable, enduring and genuinely sustainable.
Our approach is based on adding value and delivering places and homes of exceptional quality. Each of our developments is unique with a locally inspired and informed masterplan, and all of our homes are individually designed.
We do not have standard house types and our business model is not based on volume. Every place we create is unique and we invest for the long term.
The values that underpin Berkeley remain unchanged from its early days; a passion for great places, having integrity, showing respect for people, thinking creatively and achieving excellence through detail.
We are proud of our developments and the communities we help to create. They are testament to our values and approach.
" Berkeley creates beautiful homes, facilities and spaces that respond to their surroundings. Through working in close partnership with councils and existing communities, we design and build places that local people can be proud of. "
HOLBOROUGH LAKES, KENT
A thriving new community in the heart of Kent, set around open water, green space and natural woodland.
The 72-acre Holborough Lakes development has transformed a former quarry in rural Kent to create a new community set around a series of freshwater lakes. When complete, the 20-year project will provide over 1,000 family homes.
- Former chalk quarry, purchased in 2001
- Homes range from one bedroom apartments to five bedroom town houses
- Residents benefit from a range of lifestyle offerings including: an onsite gym, M&S Simply Food, outdoor trim trails, full time estate management, education facilities including the Benjamin Rabbit Nursery and Valley Invicta Primary School, as well as a village green and hall
- Beautifully landscaped grounds
- Set by a tranquil lake and surrounded by stunning views of the countryside
ROYAL WELLS PARK, TUNBRIDGE WELLS
Berkeley Homes (Eastern Counties) unconditionally purchased the former Kent & Sussex Hospital in March 2012 from the Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust and successfully achieved planning consent within 9 months of acquisition. The decision from members voting to grant permission at Committee was unanimous and achieved within 13 weeks of submission.
- Total site area of 11.61 acres (4.7 hectares);
- Town centre development;
- Challenging ground conditions and a fall of 15m across the site;
- Comprising 243 highly specified new homes including 110 no. 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments, 90 no. 3, 4 and 5 bedroom family homes and 43 Senior Living apartments;
- Free School;
- C. 3,500 sqm office;
- Public play area and central landscaped courtyard with water feature.
Hollyfields is a distinctive collection of 3, 4 & 5 bedroom family homes bordering the Kent countryside, 1.2 miles from Tunbridge Wells town centre. All homes feature high specification kitchens and bathrooms, generous living and dining areas, private gardens with lawns and patios. Superfast broadband is available allowing you to work from home at your convenience.
There are play areas, ponds and wetlands, with natural landscaping. An exclusive commuter shuttle provides transport to and from Tunbridge Wells Station. The development also includes St Peter's Primary School which is to be built on site by Kent County Council.
- 34 acre site
- Historically used as a brick and clay pipe factory as well as for landfill, agriculture & allotments
- Purchased in two adjoining tranches from Tunbridge Wells Borough Council and a local land owner in 2016/17
- 245 homes
- Construction commenced in 2018 and is expected to complete in 2023